HAVANA CLUB 7
Crafted for sipping, to be enjoyed on the rocks and ideal for rich cocktails: Havana Club 7 Años is highly versatile. This dark rum, matured in ex-Bourbon barrels, showcases the rich natural flavours of Cuba. The liquid unveils the tastes of the Cuban terroir: aromatic tobacco, sweet tropical fruits, molasses, spices, and vanilla from the continuous ageing process, enhanced by the slow release of aromas.
DARK RUM HAVANA CLUB 7 AÑOS
Dark rum is often enjoyed neat or on the rocks. It is a key ingredient in many delicious cocktails and is also used in cooking. Known for its deep golden brown colour, dark rums like the Havana Club 7 get their famous hue from the oak barrels that it’s stored in during its aging process. Typically, the longer this rum type is aged, the darker the colour. Spices and other ingredients like molasses and caramel add a warm, sweet element that enhances the flavour.
If you’ve never made a dark rum cocktail before, we’ve got some great ideas to get you started. Rich, indulgent, and sweet, dark rum cocktails are a must-try.
• Mai Tai. A Mai Tai is the perfect summery cocktail, made with Curaçao, a bitter orange liqueur, and sweet Orgeat syrup with almonds and sugar. Finished off with lime juice, this is one for drinking by the beach.
• Old Fashioned. A real classic traditionally made with bourbon or rye whiskey, but you can use dark rum instead
• Rum Espresso Martini. The classic Espresso Martini gets more intense when you add dark rum which gives the drink a Caribbean flavour.
• Dark & stormy. One of the most famous dark rum cocktails, a dark & stormy is made with ginger beer (sweetened ginger juice) and citrus. For an elevated twist, add some orange bitters and a sprig of mint.
• Zombie cocktail. This cocktail blends both dark and light rum, lime juice, pineapple juice, and grenadine. Garnish it with a wedge of lime, maraschino cherries, and a sprig of mint.
• Hot buttered rum. Curl up in front of an open fire and sip a hot buttered rum made with warming cinnamon and nutmeg, sugar, and melted butter. Add some whipped cream on the top to step it up a notch.
Which one of our dark rum cocktails recipes are you going to try? Before you get started, you’ll need to pick the perfect rum.
The best dark rum
When choosing a dark rum, there are a few things to consider. What are your favourite flavour notes, and will you be drinking it neat or in cocktails? If you’re looking for a new dark rum brand to try, Havana Club should be on your list. Made in rum’s heartland, Cuba, our maestros are trained for over 15 years to create exceptional rum products packed with authentic flavour.
The Havana Club 7 Años is a great all-rounder, with notes of tobacco, tropical fruits, spices and vanilla. You might also taste honey, molasses, and cocoa. Sip it slowly, like you would with whiskey.