Freshness from the continuous distillation of sugarcane molasses and character from ageing: a winning combination! Havana Club 3 Años has a pale, golden straw colour that reveals its age: every single drop has aged for a minimum of three years. The nose is a full bouquet of smooth aromas, with hints of oak, molasses and sugar cane. The taste is well-balanced and complex: a sweet, mild, fruity flavour with a light hint of citrus.
WHITE RUM HAVANA CLUB 3 AÑOS
A Clear Spirit
White rum is a staple ingredient in many classic cocktails. It usually hasn’t been aged as long as dark rum, and is a great base for drinks such as mojitos, daiquiris, and pina coladas. Rum is made from distilled molasses or sugarcane juice, and it originated in the Caribbean over 300 years ago.
Havana Club 3 is one of our signature rums and is the base for many of our cocktail recipes. Each bottle has been aged for at least three years, which is why it has a slightly yellower tint than other ‘white’ rums. It has a mild, sweet, authentic Cuban taste that isn’t overpowering, and notes of citrus, fruit, oak, and sugarcane.
Cocktails With White Rum
• Pina Colada. Made with fresh pineapple juice, coconut milk, and a dash of lime, this cocktail is a quintessential summer classic.
• Frozen daiquiri. Invented in the famous Havana bar El Floridita, this chilled version of a regular daiquiri uses blended ice, maraschino liqueur, lime juice, sugar, and Club Añejo 3 Años.
• Mojito. The mojito is one of the world’s most-loved cocktails, and it’s simple and easy to make. Fresh lime juice and mint give it a zingy and sharp taste, which is balanced out with sugar.
• Ron Collins. A twist on the well-known Tom Collins, this cocktail swaps out gin for rum. Similar to a mojito, lime and sugar take centre stage, with mineral water and plenty of ice.
All would-be mixologists need some tools to make great cocktails, including:
• Jigger for measuring shots
• Shaker for combining ingredients
• Muddler for bruising herbs/fruit
• Citrus juicer
• Cocktail, tumbler, and highball glasses
• Strainer for sieving pulp
• Mixing spoon
• Ice cube tray
• A knife and chopping board
Our Other Rums
For a darker or spicier addition to a cocktail, we have plenty of other rums to try. Havana Club 7 Años has been matured in old bourbon barrels for a minimum of seven years, which gives it a rich and deep taste. Other highlights include Havana Club Cuban Spiced, Havana Club 15, and Havana Club Unión, which was developed to pair harmoniously with traditional Cuban cigars.