FROZEN STRAWBERRY DAIQUIRI
Rum Cocktail Recipe with Havana Club 3
Looking for a sweet berry twist on the classic Frozen Daiquiri? We can highly recommend adding fresh strawberries to our simple blender recipe. It’s easy to do and gives a great refreshing taste!
Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri
Strawberry Daiquiri Variation
A frozen strawberry daiquiri is a great spin on a classic. Blended with lime juice, sugar and ice, it adds a summery twist, and fresh strawberries add a fun pop of pink.
• Instead of fresh strawberries, use frozen strawberries. They’ll add to the frozen texture, and any excess strawberries can be kept in the freezer for future cocktail-making sessions.
• For a sharper taste, add extra lime juice.
• Maraschino liqueur gives a sweet yet intense extra flavour. We suggest 5ml per cocktail.
• When it comes to sweetening up a strawberry daiquiri, it’s possible to use white sugar, brown sugar, or sugar syrup.
• Finish each daiquiri with a garnish- some slices of strawberry around the rim, a wedge of lime, and a retro cocktail umbrella.
White Rum vs. Dark Rum
White rums are generally preferred for cocktails because they’re light in colour. This allows the colours in fruity cocktails made with pineapple, strawberry, and orange to shine through. White rum can be slightly sweet but not overwhelming, so balances harmoniously with light flavours such as mint and lime. Havana Club Añejo 3 Años is our preferred white rum for cocktails like mojitos, pina coladas, and daiquiris, with its notes of sugarcane, oak, and fruit. Dark rum such as Havana Club 7 Años has a richer, more intense flavour, that’s ideal for an old fashioned or a Cuban winter cocktail.
Fruity Cocktails with White Rum
• Pina colada. A pina colada is a fruity, beach-side favorite that never goes out of fashion. The name translates as ‘strained pineapple’. It’s best made with fresh pineapple, coconut cream or coconut milk, and a high-quality white rum.
• Pineapple mojito. Pineapple is a classic Cuban cocktail ingredient, so it’s a great addition to a white rum drink like a mojito. The flavours of lime and mint blend perfectly with the sweet yet zingy pineapple. Raspberry is another great addition to a mojito if there’s no pineapple to hand.
• Frozen mango daiquiri. A daiquiri is a versatile cocktail that can be updated with a variety of fruits. Anything goes; watermelon, raspberry, pineapple, banana, or passionfruit. Mango’s smooth texture works particularly well.
The History of Havana Club
Rum has been part of Cuban culture for centuries. American tourists visiting the country in the early 1900s loved the cocktails and spread the word about the famous Cantineros, the local bartenders. Havana Club started life in 1934 and has since become one of the largest rum brands in the world, renowned for its rum maestros who train for over 15 years.
Tablespoon White Sugar or 20 ml Sugar syrup
Fresh Lime juice
- 25 ml
- 5 ml
Havana Club Añejo 3 Años
- 60 ml
- 1 Cup