Terms and Conditions Havana Club Cocktail Maestros
“HAVANA CLUB COCKTAIL MAESTROS”
COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
When entering the HAVANA CLUB COCKTAIL MAESTROS, (hereinafter referred to as the “Competition”), you fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by, and to comply with, these terms and conditions (hereinafter referred to as the “T&Cs”) during and after the Competition, regardless of the stage at which you join the Competition. If you do not agree with any of these T&Cs, do not register for this Competition and do not participate.
PROMOTER OF THE COMPETITION
This Competition is promoted by Pernod Ricard S.A., a public limited company with capital of 396,229,186.15 euros registered on the Paris trade and companies register under number 582 041 943 and having its registered office at 5, Cours Paul Ricard – 75008 Paris (the “Promoter”).
The Competition is open to all individuals who are of legal drinking age or older in their respective country of residence at the time of entry and who can demonstrate to be professional bartenders based in European countries, Brazil and Cuba (the “Territory”), (hereinafter referred to as the “Contestants”).
At the final phase of the Competition, the Territory shall be extended to China, provided that the Chinese Team joining this final phase of the Competition shall be designated at the discretion of the Promoter through an alternative selection process.
The following individuals are not eligible to participate in the Competition:
- Employees, managers and agents of the Promoter (including any of its subsidiaries or affiliated companies), their immediate families and members of their households and anyone otherwise connected to the organization of the Competition;
- U.S. citizens or permanent residents and/or employees with a permanent or fixed-term employment contract with a U.S. incorporated or U.S owned or controlled company (this rule also applies to U.S. territories);
- Citizens or residents of any country or jurisdiction where the participation in the Competition may breach any local law or regulation;
- Any person that is prohibited from participating because of a contractual or other legal obligation to another person or entity (such as an employer).
The Promoter reserves the right to require from Contestants that they prove they are eligible in any reasonable manner. Should a Contestant be found ineligible or be suspected of being ineligible by the Promoter on reasonable grounds, the Promoter will remain the owner of the Grants (as this term is defined below) and reserves the right to attribute the Grants to another Contestant and to require the return of any Grant already attributed.
ACCESS AND ENTRY TO THE COMPETITION
In order to participate in the Competition, the contestants must form teams composed of two (2) bartenders working at the same venue at the time of the application submission (hereinafter referred to as a “Team” or “Teams”). For the purpose of these T&Cs, a venue is defined as a cocktail bar or a bar offering a standalone cocktail menu in the Territory (hereinafter referred to as a “Venue”).
To enter the Competition, you shall apply individually on behalf of your Team and Venue, by submitting an application as described in section 4 below on the Competition webpage accessible through the Havana Club Cocktail Maestros landing page via the Havana Club Website (the “Competition Webpage”).
By participating in this Competition, each member of a Team selected to compete hereby undertakes to participate at all stages of the competition, from the initial rounds to the final, and may not be substituted by any other individual. Each Team member acknowledges that their continuous participation is crucial for the integrity and fairness of the Competition. In the event of the failure of one or several team members to participate in any stage of the Competition (regardless of the reason for the non-participation), the entire Team will be subject to immediate disqualification from the Competition. If unforeseen, exceptional circumstances may arise that could prevent a Team member’s participation, the Team may request a substitution to the Promoter. The decision to accept or reject the request for an exception shall be made at the sole discretion of the Promoter, and its decision will be final.
An entry will be deemed void if the entry has been made by an ineligible person, is incomplete or breaches these T&Cs. Entries must not be obscene, defamatory or offensive and must not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. By entering the Competition, you confirm that you have permission to use or feature any people, content or other material contained within your application.
In case of non-compliance with these T&Cs, or if the Promoter believes that a Contestant has attempted to compromise the integrity or legitimate operation of the Competition in any way, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a Contestant from the Competition and no Grant will be attributed to the latter nor any compensation provided.
The Competition and judging process is designed to identify the most creative, talented and masterful cocktail making Contestants.
The Promoter will enlist the services of an international panel of judges, each strong in varying fields spanning the world of cocktail-making & hospitality. The panels will be composed, for each phase of the Competition, as follows:
- Entry Challenge phase: Judges shall be designated at market level at Havana Club and Pernod Ricard affiliates internal teams’ discretion (hereinafter referred to as the “Entry Challenge Judges”).
- National Finals Phase: The panel will consist of two (2) judges (hereinafter referred to as the “National Finals Judges”) including a Brand Ambassador and a Sales Representative, a Friend of the brand or and a Local advocacy team member, both designated at Havana Club and Pernod Ricard affiliates’ internal teams’ discretion.
- European Final Phase: The panel will consist of three (3) judges (hereinafter referred to as the “European Final Judges”) including one (1) global brand ambassador, one (1) local brand ambassador and an industry figure.
- Global Final Phase: The Panel will be composed of global drinks experts, Havana Club representatives, Cuban local experts all designated at Havana Club and Pernod Ricard affiliates’ internal teams’ discretion (hereinafter referred to as the “Global Final Judges”). The exact composition of the Panel shall be unveiled in due course.
All these judges will review Contestants’ submissions for the Competition and select de winning Contestants based upon the judge’s experience and the quality of the Contestant’s applications and subsequent performances during the course of the Competition.
The Competition includes several rounds of formal judging, as further described hereinafter, during various phases of the Competition. All decisions of the judges are at their sole discretion and are final.
The Competition shall be composed of five (5) distinct phases:
- The first phase, hereinafter referred as the “Sign Up and Entry Challenge Phase”, will consist in launching the Competition;
- The second phase, hereinafter referred as the “Entry Challenge Phase”, will consist in judging and selecting the national and wildcard finalists (hereinafter referred as the “National and Wildcard Finalists”);
- The third phase, hereinafter referred as the “National Finals Phase”, will consist in judging and selecting the Cuban & Brazilian global finalists (hereinafter referred as the “Cuban & Brazilian Global Finalists”) and the European regional finalists (hereinafter referred as the “European Regional Finalists”);
- The fourth phase, hereinafter referred as the “European Final Phase”; will consist in judging and selecting the European global finalists (hereinafter referred as the “European Global Finalists”);
- The fifth phase, hereinafter referred as the “Global Final Phase”, will consist in judging and selecting the winners of the Competition (hereinafter referred to as the “Havana Club Cocktail Maestros”).
|Sign Up and Entry Challenge Phase
|To submit a valid application one member of the Teams shall:
– Sign up and provide all necessary personal details through the online submission process available on the Competition Webpage.
– Complete the entry challenge by uploading a presentation providing:
+ The entry cocktail created by the Team, using Havana Club rum (30 ml minimum) and two (2) homemade ingredients, (hereinafter referred to as the “Entry Cocktail”); For the purposes of these T&Cs, a homemade ingredient shall designate a component or substance that is crafted from basic raw materials or produced in a domestic setting, as opposed to being acquired in pre-packaged or pre-processed form.
+ One (1) portrait photo of the Entry Cocktail, including a Havana Club Rum Bottle.
+ One (1) portrait photo of the Team, including the two team members and a Havana Club Rum Bottle.
All Entry Cocktails must be original creations to the Contestant, or, if not original, used with written authorization of others whose contributions must be identified in the application. Applications submitted after the entry deadlines will not be considered.
|Sign Up and Entry Challenge dates: from 20th November 2023 [from 00.00 AM] to 22nd January 2024 [23.59 PM] in local French time (i.e., GMT + 1 hour).
|Completed applications will be reviewed across the Territory by their respective panel of Entry Challenge Judges.
The Contestants will be graded by Entry Challenge Judges, who will base their decision on their perception of the appearance, creativity and originality of the Entry Cocktail and the style, creativity, vibe and quality of the photos submitted.
The Entry Challenge Judges will select the National and Wildcard Finalists from the countries of the Territory. All finalists will also be notified in writing that they advance to the next round of the Competition.
|Entry Challenge dates: between 22nd and 26th January 2024.
|National Finals Phase
|After the National and Wildcard Finalists have been announced, two (2) National Finals Judges will meet them, to discuss the story behind as well as to taste the Entry Cocktails. Teams are expected to give rationale behind their chosen homemade ingredients and their cocktail creation overall. Teams are also expected to prepare and present it within the expected fifteen (15) minutes timeframe.
– In Cuba and Brazil, the National Finalists will gather at a common location in Havana and a Brazilian city (which shall be communicated by the Promoted to the finalists in due course; after the Entry Challenge Phase) respectively.
– In European countries, the National and Wildcards Finalists will meet the National Finals Judges either at their own Venues or through video calls (those will focus on the homemade ingredients understanding & overall balance and technique of the cocktail as well as the team’s).
The Contestants will be graded by National Finals Judges regarding (i) the taste, the appearance, creativity, and originality of the Entry Cocktail and (ii) the Team mindset spirit and the presentation of the concept, Team story and background.
In total, the National Finals Judges will select:
– The Cuban and Brazilian Global Finalists;
– The European Regional Finalists.
Once this phase is completed, both the Cuban and Brazilian Global Finalists and the European RegionalFinalists will be publicly announced on the Competition Webpage. They will also be notified in writing that they advance to the next round of the Competition.
|National Finals dates: between 26th January and 15th February 2024 in European countries; in end February 2024 for Cuba & 4th March 2024 in Brazil.
|European Final Phase
|During this phase, European Regional Finalists Teams will compete at live event in London.
Teams are expected to create a Cuban Mode cocktail within the expected two (2) hours timeframe and make a ten (10) minutes presentation to the judging panel afterwards.
The Contestants will be graded by three (3) European Final Judges, who will base their decisions on their perception of the Teams’ cocktail mastery skills and resourcefulness as well as the factors of taste, appearance, response to the brief, teamwork, and consistency.
The challenge instructions as well as the scoring grid shall be communicated by the Promoter to the finalists in due course, after the National Finals Phase).
The European Final Judges will select the European Global Finalists. The European Global Finalists will be publicly announced on the Competition Webpage. They will also be notified in writing that they advance or not to the next phase of the Competition.
|European Final date: 4th of March 2024
|Global Final Phase
|All Cuban, Brazilian and European Global Finalists Teams will be invited to the Global Final Phase of the Competition which will take place in Cuba.
Teams will compete through the cocktail mastery challenges and the great Havana hustle.
The Contestants will be graded by Global Final Judges, who will base their decisions on the team’s skills in cocktail making and their real-life hospitality mastery. The challenge instructions as well as the scoring grid shall be communicated by the Promoted to the finalists in due course, after the European Final Phase.
The Havana Club Cocktail Maestros will be announced during the Competition awards event which will take place in Cuba and publicly announced on the Competition Webpage afterwards.
|Global Final dates: From 15th to 18th April 2024.
The following grants will be awarded to the winning Contestants (the “Grants”):
- Cuban and Brazilians National Finalists Teams will win:
- A one (1) day trip to the National Finals cities to attend (in La Havana and a Brazilian city which shall be unveiled in due course), including hotels, breakfasts, lunches, dinners and different activities planned by the Promoter’s hospitality team.
- With the previous agreement of the Promoter on cost, date and means of transport, the Cuban and Brazilians National Finalists Teams transportation through Cuba and Brazil shall be covered by the Promoter.
- European Regional European Finalists Teams will win:
- A one (1) day trip to the European Regional Final to attend (in London), including transportation, accommodation and assistance through the event.
- Chinese, Cuban, Brazilian & European Global Finalists will win:
- A four (4) day trip to the Global Final to attend (in La Havana), including flights for non-Cuba residents, hotels, breakfasts, lunches, dinners and different activities planned by the Promoter’s hospitality team (indicative unit value: one thousand five-hundred euros (€1,500.00).
- With the previous agreement of the Promoter on cost, date and means of transport, the Cuban Global Finalists Teams transportation through Cuba shall be covered by the Promoter.
- Havana Club Cocktail Maestros will win:
- A ten thousand euros prize (€10,000.00) per team, which shall correspond to five thousand euros (€5,000.00) for each one of the two individual members of the Team;
- A Havana Club Cocktail Maestros trophy for each Team member;
- One (1) Havana Club Maximo bottle for each Team member.
The Grants are non-negotiable. As regard the trip to the different finals, the winning Contestants acknowledge that this Grant is not transferable or exchangeable and that they may not claim the cash value of this Grant.
As regards the financial Grants, they will be transferred directly to the bank accounts held in the name of the winning Contestants, the details of which shall be provided to the Promoter. The actual transfer of the financial Grants is subject to the agreement of the Promoter’s bank and the winner’s bank on the principle of the transfer. The Promoter shall not be liable in the event that either of the banks declines or encounters any impediments in executing or accepting the transfer. If, for any reason whatsoever, the winning contestant is unable to receive the financial Grant, the winning contestant shall receive an alternative prize (equivalent to the sum granted). This equivalent alternative prize shall take the form of a bar show tour on dates and places to be further determined by the promoter. .
If, for any reason whatsoever, the trip to Cuba must be cancelled, the Promoter shall be free to substitute this Grant by another grant of similar value. Any such decision is at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
In the event any winning Contestant cannot be reached, by email or by phone, for more than seven (7) days after the first attempt to reach him/her was made, he/she will be deemed as having waived his/her right to claim the Grant and will not be entitled to any other prize or any kind of compensation.
In the event any winning Contestant does not want or cannot participate in the trip to Cuba and the Grand Final Phase, for any reason whatsoever, he/she hereby acknowledges that he/she will lose the benefit of all Grants and will not be able to claim any compensation or other prize whatsoever.
All additional costs not expressly stated but which may be incurred in acceptance and use of the Grant is the responsibility of the winning Contestant. Such additional costs include, but are not limited to, transport to and from airport departure point, other transfers, taxes including arrival and departure taxes, insurance, travel insurance, passports and visas, spending money, currency exchange fees, meals, beverages, room service, and laundry services. The winning Contestant may be required to present a credit card and/or identification at the time of accommodation check-in.
As a condition of accepting the Grant and, in particular, the trip to Cuba, the winning Contestants may be required to sign legal documents as and, in the form, required by the Promoter.
The Promoter, and all companies within the PERNOD RICARD group have a commitment to responsible drinking and discouraging misuse of our products. We expect Contestants not to post any comments, photos, videos and other type of content, in the frame of the Competition, which:
- features people who are or appear to be under the legal drinking age;
- is made by someone under the legal drinking age;
- encourages underage purchase or drinking of alcoholic beverages or illegal, irresponsible or immoderate drinking;
- promotes over-consumption or condemns or criticizes in any way anyone who chooses not to drink alcohol;
- portrays irresponsible drinking in a positive light or associates drinking with driving, operating any kind of machinery or engaging any kind of dangerous activity;
- implies alcohol beverages have any physical, psychological, intellectual benefits or contributes to sexual success;
- implies alcoholic beverages increases confidence or helps overcome individual or social problems;
- glorifies the alcoholic strength, relatively high alcohol content or intoxicating effect of a drink;
- mentions drinking alcohol in relation to any kind of illegal, antisocial, dangerous, aggressive or violent behavior.
The Promoter shall not be held liable if, for any reason beyond its control and/or a force majeure event, the Competition must be curtailed, modified, postponed or cancelled; in these cases, no compensation will be due to the Contestants and the Promoter shall not be held liable for any of these changes.
AGREEMENT ON PROOF
The Promoter has implemented a range of technical measures to determine the participation or non-participation of a Contestant. It is therefore agreed that unless there is an obvious error, the data stored in the Promoter’s information systems have probative force in terms of the connection details and information resulting from IT processing related to the Competition.
UPDATES TO THE T&CS
The Promoter reserves the right to amend these T&Cs at any time throughout the Competition without prior notice to the Contestants regarding the enforcement or the validity of these amendments. Accordingly, the Promoter reserves the right to change modify, add or remove portions of these T&Cs according to its reasonable discretion. The updated T&Cs shall obligate all Contestants in the Competition from the date of their publication on the Competition Webpage. Contestants are encouraged to consult these T&Cs regularly.
Should any paragraph of these T&Cs be declared or judged illegal, unenforceable or void by a court decision, the paragraph in question will be considered null and void, but all other unaffected paragraphs will be enforced within the limits of the law.
SUSPENSION AND CANCELLATION OF THE COMPETITION
The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion, to (i) cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, in whole or in part, at its sole reasonable discretion, if it believes the Competition is not capable of being conducted as specified within these T&Cs, at any time and without any liability, and (ii) to limit or restrict participation in the Competition. The Promoter will not be held liable for the modification, cancellation or suspension of the Competition and no compensation or remuneration will be due to the Contestants.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
The reproduction, representation or use in any way of all or part of the elements relating directly or indirectly to the Competition shall be strictly prohibited and the Contestants shall refrain from using the Competition Webpage and its contents in any way which is or may infringe the intellectual property rights of the Promoter and/or other third parties, without their prior written consent. All intellectual property rights of any kind, including, without limitation, trademarks, logos and any other intellectual property rights, whether registered or not, relating to the Competition, the Promoter or to any Pernod Ricard Group company, are and shall remain the property of the Promoter or – as the case may be – their respective owners. Any unauthorized reproduction or representation of such brands, logotypes and trademarks may constitute acts of counterfeiting and may be punishable by civil and/or criminal penalties.
Contestants shall not and expressly agree not to use or share any confidential or proprietary information that belongs to any other person or entity. Likewise, any confidential or proprietary information shared among or between Contestants or by the Promoter during the Competition must be maintained by each Contestant as confidential and proprietary.
Contestants shall not distribute or share any recordings or materials received from the Promoter or the judges or otherwise accessed to during the Competition any without express permission from the author, owner or presenter of that material.
By entering the Competition each Contestant:
- Agrees to release and hold harmless the Promoter, together with its affiliates and all of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives, as well as the judges, mentors, partners and other volunteers involved with the Competition (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including (without limitation), any third party claims of intellectual property infringement, breach of confidentiality or trade secret claim(s) brought against the Released Parties asserting that the content, work product or activities of a Contestant infringe(s) the intellectual property, contract, trade secret or other rights of any other person (including any other Contestant), as well as claims asserting damages of any kind to persons arising out of the Competition and the Contestants’ participation in the Competition; and
- Agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to Contestant’s participation in the Competition and/or any Contestant’s acceptance, use or misuse of any of the Grants.
- ACKNOWLEDGES THAT DUE TO RESTRICTIONS IMPOSED BY THE U.S. AUTHORITIES, THE CONTESTANT WILL NO LONGER BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE U.S. VISA WAIVER PROGRAM. AS A CONSEQUENCE, THE CONTESTANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT IN CASE OF ANY FUTURE TRAVEL TO THE UNITED STATES, THE CONTESTANT SHALL APPLY FOR A VISA TO ENTER THIS COUNTRY AND AGREES TO WAIVE AND RELEASE ALL CLAIMS AGAINST THE PROMOTER THAT MIGHT ARISE IN RELATION WITH THIS VISA REQUEST.
The Promoter shall not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit their ability to participate in the Competition. The Promoter will not be responsible for any lost, damaged, defaced, incomplete, illegible or otherwise unreadable applications.
All Promoter’s decisions in relation to the Competition are final and the Promoter is not requested to enter into any correspondence with the Contestants. No message whether written or electronic, will be sent to non-winning Contestants.
APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
The Competition, the T&Cs and their interpretation are governed by French law. The competent courts of Paris (France) shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Competition or these T&Cs.
In order to be considered, any claims regarding the Competition must be submitted in writing and emailed to the Promoter for the attention of firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last update: February 2024