1. What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files or pieces of information that are stored on your computer or mobile device (such as a smartphone or tablet) when you visit our Site. A cookie will usually contain the name of the website/application from which the cookie has come from, the duration of the cookie (i.e. how long the cookie will remain on your device), and a value, which is usually a randomly generated unique number.
Cookies can do this because our Site can read and write these files, enabling them to recognise you and remember important information that will make your use of our Site more convenient (for example by remembering preference settings).
3. What are the different types of cookies we use?
- The types of cookies that we may use can be either session or persistent, or first party or third party cookies.
- - Persistent cookies are used to save your login information and remember your settings for future logins to our Site. A persistent cookie is a cookie stored as a file on your computer, and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the Site that created it when you visit it again.
- Session ID cookies are used to enable certain features of our Site and services, to better understand how you interact with our Site and to monitor aggregate usage and web traffic routing. Unlike persistent cookies, session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser. They usually store an anonymous session identifier on your computer allowing you to browse a website / application (for example) without having to log in to each page.
- First party cookies are our own cookies, which we use to improve your experience. They are associated with a user's personal information. No third party has access to the information we collect through our own cookies.
- Third party cookies are cookies placed on our Site by third parties to provide their services, including advertising cookies. They set cookies (third party cookies) on your device on our behalf when you visit our Site to allow them to deliver the services they are providing. You will find more information about these cookies in their privacy policies.
a. Essential Cookies
Essential cookies are cookies which are strictly necessary for our Site to work and to use its services and features. Without these strictly necessary cookies, our Site will not perform as smoothly for you as we would like it to and we may not be able to provide the Site or certain services or features you request.
We also use technical cookies which allow our Site to remember choices you make (such as your language or the region you are in) for customization and personalization purposes. These cookies do not gather any information about you that will be used for advertising or remember where you have been on the internet.
These cookies are necessary to the operation of our Site and therefore you cannot opt-out to their use.
b. Analytics Cookies
Our Site may also use Google Analytics cookies. These cookies collect information about how you use and move around our Site. For example, these will keep track of what pages are most visited, Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, to administer the Site, to track users’ movements around our Site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
Our Site use the following analytical cookies:
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics cookies on all the websites you visit, go to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
To opt out of being tracked only on this Website, use the Cookie Set Up Tool. [Insert a link to ghostery tool]
4. How long are cookies stored?
Cookies will have a maximum retention period after their first deposit into the user's terminal as required by applicable law.
5. How to control cookies on our Site?
Except for cookies which qualify as essential, the cookies described above will be installed on your computer only if you continue your browsing after having read the banner appearing on the home page.
Should you wish to make your own choice, please use the link to the Cookie Set Up Tool which is also accessible from the Banner to consent/turn off non-essential cookies on our Site, by clicking the relevant button as it will appear on the menu as follows:
Analytics Cookies to analyze our web audience
Please note that if you turn off or disable cookies, you may not be able to view content or use other features of our Site and may find that parts of our Site either do not function at all or behave unexpectedly.
If you use different devices to view and access our Site (e.g. your computer, smartphone, tablet etc.) you will need to ensure that each browser on each device is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences.