Pernod Ricard UK Limited is the Data Controller of any personal information you submit to the Site.
1. What personal information do we gather about you and how ?
• Registration or sign-up in our Site: e.g. subscribing to a newsletter that is specific to a Site where applicable;
• Sweepstake and contest;
• Organization of events (invitation form or online forms on tablets filled out by our hostesses);
• Feedback, questions, or comments through our “Contact Us” form;
• Any other request that requires the submission of personal information.
2. How and why do we use tracking technologies?
Pernod Ricard uses tracking technologies such as cookies, IP Address or Log files, to gather certain information such as browser type and operating system, referring page, path through site, domain of ISP etc. for the purpose of improving the use and functionality of our websites and to better understand how visitors use our Site and the tools and services offered on it. Tracking technologies help us tailor our Site to your personal needs.
• An IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer every time you log on to the Internet. We may keep track of Internet Protocol (IP) addresses to (among other things): (i) troubleshoot technical concerns, (ii) maintain website safety and security, (iii) restrict access to our Site to certain users, and, (iv) better understand how our Site are utilized;
• We (or a third party on our behalf) may collect information in the form of logs files that record our Site activity and gather statistics about users' browsing habits. These entries are generated anonymously, and help us gather (among other things) (i) a user’s browser type and operating system, (ii) information about a user’s session (such as the URL they came from, the date and time they visited our Site, and which pages they've viewed on our Site and for how long), and, (iii) other similar navigational or click-stream data. We also use information captured in log file for our internal marketing and demographic studies, so we can constantly improve and customize the online services we provide you. Log files are used internally only, and are not associated with any particular user.
3. For what purpose do we use your personal information?
• When registering or sign-up in our Site: the personal information you provide is used to offer you the benefits and privileges that typically come along with registration e.g. the ability to receive the communications you select at the time of registration or that automatically come with your registration (e.g. subscription to a newsletter, participation in a sweepstake or contest, invitation to or attendance an event organized by Pernod Ricard);
4. What happens if you do not wish to provide your personal information?
If you choose not to submit any personal information when requested, you may not be able to participate in certain activities and personalized features on our Site and it will limit the services and special offers we can provide you. For example, if you refuse to share your email address, you will not be able to receive any of our newsletters or otherwise register on our Site. However, to simply browse our Site and learn more about Havana Club, you do not need to give us any personal information.
5. Who do we disclose your personal information to and why?
• We may use service providers, agents or contractors to provide support for the internal operations of our Site and to assist us with administering them or the various functions, programs and promotions available on it. Any such third party must at all times provide the same levels of security for your personal information as Pernod Ricard and, where required, are bound by a legal agreement to keep your personal information private, secure and to process it only on the specific instructions of Pernod Ricard;
• We may also disclose your personal information if we are required to do so by law, or if in our good faith judgment, such action is reasonably necessary to comply with legal processes, to respond to any claims, or to protect the safety or rights of Pernod Ricard, its customers, or the public;
• In the event of a merger or acquisition of all or part of Pernod Ricard SA by another company, or in the event that Pernod Ricard SA were to sell or dispose of all or a part of the Pernod Ricard business, the acquirer would have access to the information maintained by Pernod Ricard business, which could include personal information, subject to applicable law. Similarly, personal information may be transferred as part of a corporate reorganization, insolvency proceeding, or other similar event, if permitted by and done in accordance with applicable law;
6. Are your personal information sent to recipients located in other countries and why?
Pernod Ricard is part of the Pernod Ricard Group and your personal information may be transferred across international borders. It may be transferred to countries that have different levels of data protection laws to the country from where you submitted your personal information. Your personal information may also be transferred between different companies of the Pernod Ricard Group located in different countries. Pernod Ricard takes the appropriate measures to maintain security of the personal information both during transit and at the receiving location by implementing contractual clauses in accordance with applicable law requirements. Our main service providers for the operation of our Site are based in the European Union and the United States. The transfer to these services providers either rely on contractual clauses as required by applicable laws. They are also bound by a contract that ensures a high standard of privacy protection and requires (amongst other provisions) that they act only on Pernod Ricard instructions and implements all technical measures necessary on an ongoing basis to keep your personal information secure.
7. How long do we keep your personal information ?
We may store the personal information that you send to us via our Site in our databases. We retain your personal information for as long as your account is active, as we have a contract with you or as needed to provide you the services requested or to answer queries or resolve problems, provide improved and new services. We may also need that your personal information be retained for a reasonable period of time and as necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and similar records management purposes. We may thus retain your personal information for a reasonable period after you stop using Pernod Ricard services or our Site. After this period, your personal information will be deleted from all systems in the Pernod Ricard Group. If you request that we no longer use your personal information to provide you services e.g., opt-out of receiving email, please contact us as indicated in Article 9. We remind you that you have also a right to have your personal information deleted at any time in accordance with the same Article 9.
8. How do we keep your personal information secure?
You can access your personal information as processed by us by contacting Pernod Ricard Privacy Office at email@example.com. You can also contact the Privacy Office to express the following choices:
• You can request to correct your personal information if it is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date or request the deletion of your Personal information.
• You also always have the option not to share any of your personal information with us or to object to the processing of your data by us for legitimate reasons. However, if you choose this option, you will be limited in the activities and features we can provide you.
• If you do not want to receive newsletters, announcements, or other communications and/or services from our Site, please do not opt-in for those communications or services at the time of registration. If you have opted-in and, at a later time, wish to opt-out, please click on the unsubscribe link inserted in our communications.
• Along with every e-mail communication sent to you, we provide you the opportunity to discontinue receiving future communications (i.e., unsubscribe). Simply follow the unsubscribe process or directions provided in the email.
10. How we treat children's information?
11. Do we link to other third party websites?
Our Site may contain links that will direct you to other websites or services that are operated and controlled by third parties. This includes links from advertisers, sponsors and partners that may use our logo(s) as part of a co-branding agreement. We have no control over these third parties, and your use of their websites and features are subject to their privacy policies posted on those sites. We are not responsible or liable for the privacy practices or business practices of any third-party website. Therefore, you should exercise caution and review the privacy policies applicable to the external websites you visit before providing your personal information.
12. How can you contact us?
Last Update: November 28, 2016